If you're close to where you want to go and get what you set out for,
but didn't quite reach it yet? This is the obligatory link-haven with
some suggestions you might be interested in.
- This site with especially a thorough discography and video stills.
It's both available from the Netherlands at the old address at
- Picture Archive
featuring pictures from magazines and compilations.
- Visit Doppelganger
for a thorough articles archive and an up to date news page.
Missing Link has an ongoing poll and more.
- Mark's (Parsley Rascal) goodies page, called:
Before, during and after CURVE, Toni has sung on other people's
records. I've left out occasions where she only did backing vocals.
Then there's a couple of people who did remixes. In no order at all:
- Toni sang on the third Recoil album.
- Freaky Chakra (Daum Bentley)
- got Toni to sing on one of the tracks (also released as a seperate
single with remixes of the track) on Lowdown Motivator. The
same samples can be heard on Dream (I think) from his
latest release: Blacklight Orchestra.
Astralwerks has a
- teamed up with Toni for Original from their album Leftism.
See also Hard hands records. Sorry, old links were not working anymore.
- Future Sound of London
- Remixed tracks from
the smooth Rising (Headspace Mix) on
There's also some FSOL info on the
Astralwerks' FSOL website.
- Drum Club
M.C. projects on-line
- Trent Reznor or Nine Inch Nails
- made the Screaming Bird mix of Missing Link with Flood,
which appears on
These links are more of a link back to sites which I stumbled upon
having a link to the CURVE page. If that counts as
justification you might just find some interesting sites/sights at the
other ends of these links.
- The ultimate band list. Once hope in the dark pre web
commercialism days, now victim as well, but still with a clear goal
and a certain amount of success.
- If you're looking for another mailing list to fill up your mailbox,
check out the ultimate attempt at a complete list. It used to be
at http://server.berkeley.edu/~ayukawa/lomml.html, which is the
list of music mailing lists.
- The Wonderwall.
- In case you wondered if Indie died yet.
- The Supersonic pages.
- In case you wondered if Indie died yet too.
- Dreampop links
- features links to dreampop bands (wide definition IMO) past and
Music guides, indexes and review archives
There are tons of music sites out there, but only a selection feels the
need to mention CURVE. For that reason I've listed indexes I like
and other links to people who've asked me for one. Feel free to send me
- All Music Guide
- CURVE live
- part of pop!folio:
Concert photography by Jennifer Jeffery
- Music Database
- Wanted/Offered kind of database backed by CDDB database.
- CDDB database.
- CD database that can be used with certain cd players which can
automatically retrieve disc information. This site provides a
web interface to the database.
There are zillions of on-line shops nowadays. Most of them are hardly
interesting for CURVE fans, but as becomes apparent reading
various pointers on the mailinglist you can extend your
collection by carefully keeping an eye out for old and new releases
(official as well as promos) at places mentioned.
This is a list of the most interesting places. There is no
information yet on whether or not these places are good stores to deal
with, but I welcome all experiences you've had with any of
Some of these places claim certain items are rare; this is hardly
ever actually true. Either way the market for promos is a lot smaller
too, so why pay big bucks? The only thing which is actually
collectible according to a more generic guide is the silver sleeve
Cherry EP on 10'' and that one was only worth 7 UK pounds in 1995.
Whenever items are listed, this might just mean that they
believe they can order them from their sources:
``backordering''. This is often a road to misery, because more often
than not they suppliers can't follow through.
Lately people on the mailinglist as well as others are using
online auctions to sell their unwanted records. A great source, but
you'll be betting against real collectors. The
for example, raised bids exceeding 100 USD.
- A meta-catalog of a collection of mail-order/online
companies. Quite a number of CURVE items listed usually.
- Early pre-ordering.
- Friendly made to measure service, but where are they now?
- Action Records
- Has promos for sale.
- PGwtB sighted. Still have to check this out myself.
- Let it be records
- Nose for rare goodies? Still have to check this out myself.
- Online auction site. Don't know anything except they're having
many technical difficulties :-)