Now, What you're doing on this homepage !? Due to the fact that I've got
WAY too many projects running, I haven't been able to make a homepage myself
yet :). Anyway, some projects and/or interesting links and/or things about me :
- Yes, I know; my name (Martijn van Buul) is utterly unpronouncable for non-Dutch people. Especially my first name. The handle I normally use for MUDding ("Tijntje") is even worse.
In case you want to know how I pronounce it, I've made a Linus Torvalds-ish sample.
- Outer Space, a MUD I'm
participating in. Check out the cool domain Earth,
which I'm Lord of.
- Yes, I do have some friends.
Alternatively: People I don't shoot on sight. Some even have a homepage:
- I'm a bit of a Commodore-8-bit-nut.
If you're too, I'd take a look at the following links if I were you!
- ftp.funet.fi:the major Commodore 8-bit distribution site
- Andre's " little " homepage : Contains valuable information about Commodore CBM-computers and other 8 bit stuff.
- The Commodore Ring Need I say more ?
- Jim Brain's site. Contains quite a lot of usefull stuff like CaBooM (a search database especially for Commodore-stuff) and VICUG. (ah. Well.. It used to do.. It seems broke now :( )
- The Secret
Weapons of Commodore, a very very nice collection of bizarre hardware
made by Commodore.
- the Commodore
Knowledge Base, a vast collection of facts, stories (and other stuff)
regarding Commodore 8-bit machines. If you've got a problem, or if you
want to have more information, look here first!
- Related to this: Project 64
. It has quite some manuals in e-text.
- Want to relive the 80's, and play Fort Apocalypse on your
VICE is a jolly good Commodore-emulator. Runs on Windblows, DOS and X, and
- Ahem. I guess you need some games too, don't you?
Arnold is a good place for starters!
- Ofcourse; the CBM-scene has it's newsgroups. Heck, even two of them!,
namely comp.sys.cbm and
New!: the posting statistics
- I'm thinking about making a hardware interface between a C64 (or 128) and a PC keyboard. Below are some .PDF's of some information sheets of chips that might be used.
- Userfriendly, the daily strip of
- I recently obtained a vectrex game console, and I'm trying to
implement a cartridge-emulator for it. A possible implementation can be found
here. (Warning: Sloppy drawings!)
- Last, but not least, I used to be a member of the board of the electrotechnical
student association Thor. I used to host a complaints page here, but stopped doing so after massive abuse.
Don't you just hate those dreamgirls websites?
I know I do..
My photo according to Philips: