Last updated: Wed Apr 27 13:54:01 2005
This is the patch (Last changed:
Tue Apr 20 17:05:26 CEST 2004
Accessible at toad.stack.nl:9899 (visitor/visitor)
09-dec-2003 - 05-aug-2004
8th started out as a usual Stack speed game (i.e. 3 updates a week), but
because of the 3 starting mini islands, the pace was to high and was set
back to twice a week.
For 8th I copied and adapted a some ideas of Lord Of The Rings and added
a swamp theme to it. Something we'd always wanted to experiment with, being
from Holland: dikes and polders:
- No plains; swamps instead.
- Mobility needed to move through swamps 5 times higher than normal sectors.
- Units with swampwalk ability (normal sector movement cost (1/5th))
- Deity mil in each unowned sector that doesn't sink at the start of the game.
- Slower tech growth rates.
- Fairland adapted to produce the swamp.
- Three starting "islands" per player.
- Swamps can be diked to prevent flooding, simulated by increasing
efficiency, costing hcms/lcms.
- Swamps get a 80 - (4*eff/5) percent chance of becoming flooded at the update.
- Water gets a 80 + (eff/5) percent chance of becoming a swamp at the update.
- Swamps can be navigated through, but cannot be (l)mined.
email@example.com (Marc Olzheim)
Back to my empire page.