What I approve of and am thankful for..
What I use to make my computer usable.. Here's a short line-up of a
couple of favourites
All in all it's quite promising to see how good (and cosey and comfy) you
can make a free system look these days!
- FreeBSD hands out the cpu cycles.
- GNU Emacs (not XEmacs) gets to edit everything in sight,
while it watches over:
- LaTeX formats my text in a decent manner when for once I can use it
because no wp- and word-addicts are involved in writing it.
- I was lost after my adventures beyond the ultra world of
which gave me that cosey, homely desktop feeling and a clear and clean
interface. Looking for yet
thanks. But now, I'm back on track with
needs a quit option? Just kill the X server.
- XmCD keeps track of my cds as well as being a compact and complete
controller for my usually jobless cdrom player.
- Nepschaap (ofcourse.. it's big, it's buggy but it's mindless FUN!)
- and lots of others...
Assorted X contribs,
All of this joins hands on
Lush by the way..
Why lush, you ask? Well really because I didn't think of a better
alternative before stumbling upon this name. The ``colourful'' name
kind of covers up the bland reality: ugly gray big tower case, stowed
away under a desk.
I do like the band as well, allright..? <grin>
It doesn't mind being touched, when it's connected through a tunnel
on AlterEgo, but do
keep in mind we'll be sharing the same 14k4 modem..
Why change? You will.. and this has:
Last modified: Sat Oct 26 11:11:17 MET DST 1996