Information status: C (unless noted otherwise).
- Information status: I
- TV, aka Las Vegas Cop;
- Directed by Rod Holcomb
- Written by Ernest Tidyman & David H. Balkan
- Synopsis: Wichita policeman, Evan Stark, goes to Las Vegas in search of his missing sister. Laura. Her roommate, Ashley Winters, a casino dealer, helps him unravel the mystery of her disappearance. (Source: IMDb - Herman Seifer)
- Role: Kim Parker.
The Rumor Mill
- TV movie, aka Malice in Wonderland (my copy is labeled as "The Rumor Mill (Malice in Wonderland);
- Directed by Gus Trikonis
- Written by Jacqueline Feather & David Seidler
- Synopsis: Struggling actress Hedda Hopper can't get a break in Hollywood, even though an acquaintence of hers is the extremely powerful gossip monger Louella Parsons - maker and breaker of careers (and lives) through her daily syndicated newspaper column. The big movie moguls, fed up with Parson's power over their stars, decide to de-claw her by setting up gossip Hopper as a competitor in the rumour industry. What they couldn't forsee was that Hopper would become as big as Parsons -- and every bit as much of a pain. Based on the true life stories of two of the most powerful (and arguably dangerous) women of Hollywood's hay-day. (Source: IMDb - A.L.Beneteau)
- Role: Carole Lombard.
- Synopsis: It is 1950s Nevada, and Professor Vivian Bell arrives to get a divorce. She's unsatisfied with her marriage, and feels out of place at the ranch she stays on, she finds herself increasingly drawn to Cay Rivers, an open and self-assured lesbian, and the ranchowner's daughter. The emotions released by their developing intimacy, and Vivian's insecurities about her feelings towards Cay, are played out against a backdrop of rocky landscapes and country and western songs. (Source: IMDb - Neil Lewis)
- Role: Pat.
- TV movie; IMDb
- Remark: Apparently, two versions exist: one of 142 minutes, and one of 88 minutes. (My own copy is 136 minutes, but that could be due to a bad NTSC/PAL conversion.) I have no idea whether Denise appears in the edited version, as her part is very small.
- Role: Diana Dyrenforth.
© 1997 - 2005 Boris Ammerlaan.
Comments? Use my feedback form!